} -->

Monday, September 28, 2009

Want Good Health? Make Six Essential Choices

Want Good Health? Make Six Essential Choices
Dr. Roland Phillips

To heal and have a vital, vibrant life I must understand that my habits affect my physiology. Another way of looking at this is that my habits are my physiology. Any symptoms, ill health or vitality, are a direct effect of what we call the six essential choices. The most effective way to avoid pain and illness of any kind is to make healthy choices based upon accurate natural information. My ongoing health depends upon it.

Here is a brief guideline for making healthy choices from “Eat to Live,” by M.T. Morter Jr., MA, DC.
  1. What I eat – My diet needs to consist of approximately 70-80% veggies and fruits, 20% anything else. This keeps my body alkaline (natural state) instead of acidic, preventing injuries & disease.
  2. What I drink – Avoid stimulants like coffee, tea, alcohol, soda. Drink R.O. water and fresh squeezed juices. Liv SXinney, Stevia, Agave, and lemon can be added to water for contrast & taste. These alkalize the body as overly acidic conditions are often preconditions for disease.
  3. How I exercise – Get 30 to 40 minutes of exercise of your choice 3-5 times a week. Keep it fun and aerobic (take your pulse and use this formula developed by Dr. Phillip Maffetone: 180 minus age = heart rate target in aerobic zone, i.e. 180-40 = 140-130 maximum aerobic zone). This will keep fitness, cardiovascular development, fat burning, and capillary development ongoing, to state a few positive benefits.
  4. How I rest – 7 ½ hours of sleep is necessary to detoxify & rebuild our bodies. Keep stimulants, TV/news, exercises, and heavy meals away from when you go to bed to ensure a great night’s sleep.
  5. What I breathe – If I can smell the air I’m breathing it is contaminated. Get an environment of clean, smoke free air to nourish the body and get oxygen to the inside of the cell and make energy.
  6. What I think about consciously & what repeats from the subconscious – How I respond to life and how I react to my internal dialogue can activate the entire autonomic nervous system creating a health time bomb. Tight muscles, misaligned vertebrae, altered digestion, hormone function, immune depression, all are a part of a mind stuck in a altered perception
The care provided at my office in the form of Bio-Energetic Synchronization Technique, along with homework, provide a means to seeing life from a higher and healthy perspective through these six essential choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment